Seagate SkyHawk AI 3.5-Inch Internal Surveillance Hard Drive
Perfect for AI-surveillance NVR
Smart. Safe. Secure. Surveillance-Optimized Storage
Seagate SkyHawk™ AI is the world’s first, purpose-built drive for artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled surveillance solutions.
- ImagePerfect™ AI firmware for superior image integrity alongside additional AI workload support in always-on, AI-enabled surveillance systems.
- Custom designed to support an additional 32 AI streams while simultaneously and flawlessly recording footage up to 64 HD cameras.
- Designed and built to handle heavy surveillance workloads in traditional video recording and advanced video analytics environments. At 550TB/year, SkyHawk AI is designed for 3× the workload of standard surveillance drives.
- Advanced vibration management for superior and sustained performance in 16+ bay NVR systems.
- SkyHawk Health Management actively helps protect your surveillance storage by focusing on prevention, intervention, and recovery options. Included is RAID RapidRebuild™, which provides 3× faster volume rebuilds.
- Improved reliability and reduced total cost of ownership with 1.5M-hr. MTBF and 3- year limited warranty.
- Unparalleled data protection with an optional 2-year Rescue Data Recovery Services plan, providing access to Seagate's secure labs with industry-leading data recovery success rates.
- Network video recorders (NVR)
- AI-enabled NVR systems
SkyHawk Surveillance Hard Drives
See More. Store More.
24×7 workloads can leverage up to 16TB with drives designed for DVR and NVR systems. SkyHawk surveillance drives are equipped with enhanced ImagePerfect™ and SkyHawk Health Management to help you sail through your toughest challenges.
Designed for AI Surveillance
We’ve made the right drive for your unique surveillance challenges.
- Supports up to 64 HD cameras and 32 additional AI streams1
- Now offering capacities up to 16TB
- Delivers zero dropped frames with ImagePerfect AI
- Enterprise-class workload rates at 550TB/yr for high reliability
1 32 AI streams = 16 AI channels
24x7 Clear Streaming
SkyHawk’s innovative ImagePerfect and ImagePerfect AI firmware are the clearest choices in the industry.
Manage Drive Health
SkyHawk Health Management (SHM) is drive monitoring software designed for prevention, intervention, and recovery. It is available on standard SkyHawk and SKyHawk AI surveillance hard drives.
Protect Your Drive
Every SkyHawk and SkyHawk AI hard drive offers optional Seagate Data Recovery Plan to protect against problems that can cause data loss.
SkyHawk Health Management:
Actively protect your surveillance footage.
Seagate SkyHawk™ Health Management (SHM) is designed for Hikvision systems with NVR 4.0 OS, and goes beyond industry standard S.M.A.R.T. testing to provide in-depth analysis with prevention and intervention in mind. SHM analytic algorithms analyze various drive parameters and provide users with firsthand drive health information. SHM software works with Skyhawk and SkyHawk AI 4TB and above.
Software monitors environmental and usage conditions, and recommends preventative actions if necessary.
Adaptive algorithms analyze hundreds of critical drive health parameters related to overall performance and reliability.
Access to optional Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Services ensures a secure environment in the event of failure.
The Combined Advantage of Seagate and Hikvision is Protection
SkyHawk Health Management
Actively protects your Hikvision NVR.
Monitors various factors (e.g., temperature, shock, vibration) in order to deliver a superior surveillance experience.
Recommends diagnostics and backups ahead of potential catastrophic data loss events.
When disaster strikes, Seagate has optional industry-leading, in-house data recovery services.
Delivering Best-in-class NVR-optimized hard drives built for surveillance
2 Based on drive specs.
3 Overseas markets only.
|Standard Model Number||ST16000NE000||ST14000NE0008||ST12000NE0008||ST10000VE0008
|Interface||SATA 6Gb/s||SATA 6Gb/s||SATA 6Gb/s||SATA 6Gb/s||SATA 6Gb/s|
|Features and Performance|
|Drive Bays Supported||16+||16+||16+||16+||16+|
|HD Cameras Supported||Up to 64||Up to 64||Up to 64||Up to 64||Up to 64|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s)||250MB/s||250MB/s||250MB/s||250MB/s (ST10000VE0008)
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E15||1 per 10E15||1 per 10E15||1 per 10E15||1 per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8760||8760||8760||8760||8760|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)2||550||550||550||550||550|
|Limited Warranty (years)3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Startup Current, Typical (12V, A)||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.8|
|Average Operating Power (W)||6.71W||6.9W||6.9W||6.9W (ST10000VE0008)
|Idle Average (W)||5.1W||4.9W||4.9W||4.9W||7.5W (ST8000VE000)
|Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W)||1.05/1.05||1.2/1.2||1.2/1.2||1.2/1.2 (ST10000VE0008)
|Voltage Tolerance (5V)||±5%||±5%||±5%||±5%||+10%/-5% (ST8000VE000)
|Voltage Tolerance (12V)||±10%||±10%||±10%||±10%||±10%|
|Operating (ambient, min °C)||5°C||5°C||5°C||5°C||5°C|
|Operating (drive case, max °C)4||70°C||70°C||70°C||70°C||70°C|
|Nonoperating (ambient, min °C)||-40°C||-40°C||-40°C||-40°C||-40°C|
|Nonoperating (ambient, max °C)||70°C||70°C||70°C||70°C||70°C|
|Width (mm/in, max)||101.85mm/4.01in||101.85mm/4.01in||101.85mm/4.01in||101.85mm/4.01in||101.85mm/4.01in|
|Depth (mm/in, max)||146.99mm/5.787in||146.99mm/5.787in||146.99mm/5.787in||146.99mm/5.787in||146.99mm/5.787in|
|Weight (g/lb)||670g/1.477lb||690g/1.521lb||690g/1.521lb||690g/1.521lb (ST10000VE0008)
|Carton Unit Quantity||20||20||20||20||20|
|Cartons per Pallet/Cartons per Layer||40 / 8||40 / 8||40 / 8||40 / 8||40 / 8|
1 32 AI streams = 16 AI channels.
2 SkyHawk AI surveillance drives are designed for always-on workloads of 550TB/year. For higher transaction workloads, see Seagate’s enterprise-class drive offerings.
3 Extended warranty options available. Consult your distributor for details.
4 Seagate does not recommend operating at sustained extreme temperatures. Operating at higher temperatures will reduce useful life of the product.
Download the Seagate SkyHawk AI 3.5-Inch Surveillance HDD Datasheet (.PDF)