Seagate Exos X20 3.5-Inch Internal 512e/4Kn SATA Enterprise Hard Drive
Delivering maximum storage capacity with the highest rack-space efficiency.
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Scalable. Responsive. Innovative.
Powerful performance with proven technology—Seagate’s Exos X20 drives are built off the platform that’s shipped millions globally and deployed in leading cloud service provider solutions—making them the most sought after drives in our datasphere. Designed with the highest rack-space efficiency and protected with Seagate Secure, Exos X20 offers extreme market-leading capacity, earning customer confidence by delivering trusted peace of mind.
- Scalable hyperscale applications/cloud data centers
- Massive scale-out data centers
- Big data applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore— D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance
Maximum Storage Capacity for Highest Rack Space Efficiency
- Market-leading 20TB HDD offering the highest capacity available for more petabytes per rack1
- Highly reliable performance with enhanced caching, making it the logical choice for cloud data center and massive scale-out data center applications
- Hyperscale SATA model tuned for large data transfers and low latency
- PowerBalance feature optimizes Watts/TB
- Maximize total cost of ownership savings through lower power and weight with helium sealed-drive design
- Proven helium side-sealing weld technology for added handling robustness and leak protection
- Digital environmental sensors to monitor internal drive conditions for optimal operation and performance
- Data protection and security— Seagate Secure features for safe, affordable, fast, and easy drive retirement
- Proven enterprise-class reliability backed by 5-year limited warranty and 2.5M-hr MTBF rating
Enterprise-class drives with a 550TB/year workload rating and 2.5M-hr MTBF to meet the most demanding storage requirements.
Customizable Power Options
PowerChoice and PowerBalance for optimized power consumption when in use and idle—customizable to fit your needs.
Advanced write caching coupled with up to 285 MB/s data transfer rates provides a boost in performance without compromising on capacity.
Advanced Data Security
Password protection and AES-256 hardware encryption with Seagate Secure—for drives you can depend on.
1 Compared to 18TB competitive product.
|Standard Model FastFormat (512e/4Kn)1||ST20000NM007D||ST18000NM003D|
|SED Model FastFormat (512e/4Kn)1,2||ST20000NM000D||ST18000NM004D|
|SED-FIPS FastFormat (512e/4Kn)1,2||—||—|
|Interface||SATA 6Gb/s||SATA 6Gb/s|
|Helium Sealed-Drive Design||Yes||Yes|
|Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR)||Yes||Yes|
|Protection Information (T10 DIF)||—||—|
|PowerChoice Idle Power Technology||Yes||Yes|
|PowerBalance Power/Performance Technology||Yes||Yes|
|Cache, Multisegmented (MB)||256||256|
|Organic Solderability Preservative||Yes||Yes|
|RSA 2048 Firmware Verification (SD&D)||Yes||Yes|
|Reliability / Data Integrity|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||2,500,000hr||2,500,000hr|
|Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR)||0.35%||0.35%|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||1 sector per 10E15||1 sector per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8760||8760|
|512e Sector Size (Bytes per Sector)||512||512|
|4Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Sector)||4096||4096|
|Limited Warranty (years)||5||5|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200RPM||7200RPM|
|Interface Access Speed (Gb/s)||6.0, 3.0||6.0, 3.0|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s,MiB/s)||285/272||285/272|
|Random Read/Write 4K QD16 WCD (IOPS)||168/550||168/550|
|Average Latency (ms)||4.16||4.16|
|Rotation Vibration @ 1500 Hz (rad/s²)||12.5||12.5|
|Idle A (W) Average||5.4W||5.4W|
|Max Operating, Random Read/Write 4K/16Q (W)||9.4, 6.4||9.4, 6.4|
|Power Supply Requirements||+12 V and +5 V||+12 V and +5 V|
|Temperature, Operating (°C)||5°C – 60°C||5°C – 60°C|
|Vibration, Nonoperating: 2 to 500Hz (Grms)||2.27||2.27|
|Shock, Operating 2ms (Read/Write) (Gs)||40||40|
|Shock, Nonoperating, 2ms (Gs)||200||200|
|Height (mm/in, max)4||1.028in/26.1mm||1.028in/26.1mm|
|Width (mm/in, max)4||4.010in/101.85mm||4.010in/101.85mm|
|Depth (mm/in, max)4||5.787in/147.0mm||5.787in/147.0mm|
|Carton Unit Quantity||20||20|
|Cartons per Pallet/Cartons per Layer||40 / 8||40 / 8|
1 FastFormat models ship in 512e format state. When switching from 512e to 4Kn by executing the FastFormat routine, all data on the drive will be deleted. Note that data must be aligned to 4K sectors to see improved
performance in 4Kn fomat.
2 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives available through franchised authorized distributors. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
3 Supports Hotplug operation per Serial ATA Revision 3.3 specification
4 These base deck dimensions conform to the Small Form Factor Standard (SFF-8301) found at www.sffcommittee.org. For connector-related dimensions, see SFF-8323.
Download the Seagate Exos X20 3.5-Inch Enterprise HDD Datasheet (.PDF)